UIDAI’s New Feature Simplifies Aadhaar Verification Process
Residents now have a new option provided by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) to confirm the mobile phone numbers and email addresses connected to their Aadhaar. This action was taken to make sure that residents receive the advantages of Aadhaar quickly. Residents in some cases appeared to be confused of whose mobile number was associated with their Aadhaar, prompting concerns about the possibility of the OTP being sent to the wrong number.
Through the ‘Verify email/mobile Number’ feature on the official website or the mAadhaar App, residents can now quickly determine which mobile number and email ID are connected to their Aadhaar. Residents can use this tool to confirm that the cellphone number or email address associated with their Aadhaar is accurate. Additionally, if the resident’s mobile number is not connected to their Aadhaar, they are informed and asked to update the information.
The new functionality also verifies that an email address or cellphone number that is known to the resident is only seeded to that Aadhaar. Residents feel reassured that their information is current and correct. Residents will get an SMS verifying if a mobile number has already been validated.
The final three digits of the mobile number can be checked using the Verify Aadhaar feature on the My Aadhaar webpage or mAadhaar App if a person cannot recall the mobile number they supplied during enrollment. A resident can go to the closest Aadhaar centre to update their information or link a new email or cellphone number with Aadhaar.
With the use of this new UIDAI tool, residents will have access to correct information about their Aadhaar records, which could result in more seamless government benefit distribution.
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) issues a unique 12-digit identification number known as Aadhaar to Indian residents. Aadhaar contains demographic and biometric details of individuals and serves as a proof of identity and address.
It is considered one of the world’s largest identity programs, with over 1.3 billion residents enrolled as of March 2021. Aadhaar is used for various purposes such as opening bank accounts, applying for government schemes, and filing tax returns. UIDAI ensures the security and privacy of the Aadhaar ecosystem through various measures such as biometric authentication and encryption of data.
FAQs of UIDAI
- What is Aadhaar? Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) to Indian residents.
- What is the new feature introduced by UIDAI? UIDAI has introduced a new feature that allows residents to verify their mobile numbers and email IDs linked to their Aadhaar.
- Why was the new feature introduced? The new feature was introduced as it was observed that some residents were unsure of which mobile number was linked to their Aadhaar, which raised concerns about the delivery of Aadhaar OTP to an incorrect number.
- How can residents check which mobile number and email ID is linked to their Aadhaar? Residents can check which mobile number and email ID is linked to their Aadhaar through the ‘Verify email/mobile Number’ feature on the official website or the mAadhaar App.
- What happens if the mobile number is not linked to the resident’s Aadhaar? The new feature notifies the resident if the mobile number is not linked to their Aadhaar and prompts them to update their details.
- What does the new feature confirm? The new feature confirms that the email or mobile number under the resident’s knowledge is only seeded to the respective Aadhaar.
- What happens if a mobile number is already verified? If a mobile number is already verified, residents will receive a message confirming the same.
- What can residents do if they do not remember the mobile number provided during enrolment? Residents can check the last three digits of the mobile on the Verify Aadhaar feature on the My Aadhaar portal or mAadhaar App.
- Can residents link a new email or mobile number with Aadhaar? Yes, residents can visit the nearest Aadhaar centre to link a new email or mobile number with Aadhaar or update their details.
- What is the purpose of the new feature introduced by UIDAI? The new feature by UIDAI ensures that residents have access to accurate information about their Aadhaar details, which can lead to a smoother delivery of government benefits.